Wednesday 20 January 2010

Bankers Pay


1.5 billion? Does anyone even know what that looks like?


I stumbled across a massive wasps nest one day. There were more than a billion wasps. At first I thought this was a huge feast and I would keep it to myself. Then I realised that the sheer number and weight was too much to handle. I told some other Badgers, I panicked that it would get out of hand and I simultaneously hoped no other Badgers would find it and then hoped that somebody would and it would put me out of my misery. I felt responsible for being in possession of so many wasps. It was too many for 1 Badger. It was too many for me and all my Badger friends.


I mean, really, how many wasps does 1 Badger mean? You can't quantify it. Until that point I had been driven by a massive desire to find more and more wasps. I've got a family to feed. But when I saw over a billion I knew that it was too much. I can't say how I knew, or why I knew, but I just knew. I knew that this many wasps was too much for 1 Badger.


It makes you think, doesn't it?


Mrs Badger was right after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment