Tuesday 26 January 2010

Airport Security


I have just arrived back from Switzerland. I managed to sneak on a place and hitch to one of the big cities there. It was funny, I was hiding in a briefcase, my little nose popping out so I saw the ridiculous charade of security.


People were removing their belts, their shoes, taking their laptops out of their briefcase, declaring things in plastic bags and then walking though a tunnel.


Well, not only did the person carrying me conceal a live Badger, he also concealed several pens, some keys, a stapler, a pencil sharpener (including sharp blade). If the person wanted to he could have easily used those creatively.


And the humans standing alongside were huffing and puffing, moaning away. I jumped out of the briefcase to go to Harry Ramsdens. It was great. I managed to steal lots of chips and some mushy peas.


So where do I stand on security? On the one hand perhaps it is sensible to make people remove all their clothes and stuff but IT DOESN'T WORK. So it can't be that sensible.


I am in favour of it in principle but it has a long way to go. Until I can't successfully be smuggled on to a plane then they need to keep improving.


No comments:

Post a Comment