Tuesday 22 December 2009

Business Bullshit


Right, I've worked it out. I spent time thinking about what my personal brand was and why it's important. And I realised that it is no different to people thinking that I am a nice, pleasant Badger.

In the old days (only a few days earlier I had never heard of the concept of personal brand) it was as simple as 'being yourself'. If you wanted to impress somebody you put on nice clothes and acted on your best behaviour. If you thought somebody had the wrong impression of you then you worked hard to make sure that they got the right impression of you.

So who on earth are these idiots who have created an industry to rip people off when even the oldest Cave Badgers knew about personal branding? It's beginning to annoy me.

The last time somebody annoyed me by using business words when ordinary words were sufficient I sorted him out. Now, I didn't sort him out in the Eastenders Mitchell sense, no I sorted him out by waiting until he had gone to bed and then sneaking into his house and shitting in his slippers. I don't know what he thought when he put them on but I know it made me smile.

It's Christmas in a couple of days time. I love Father Christmas. He is one of the kindest humans I've ever met. He stands for generosity, fun, kindness, secrecy, magic and wonder. Whoever did his personal branding is good. I wish they'd come and work for me.

Until tomorrow, my friends, be careful when you put your slipper on.

No comments:

Post a Comment