Wednesday 16 December 2009

The Art of Mashed Potato


Today has been very special. I managed to pilfer some potatoes from a market stall and make my favourite food - mashed potato. Everybody knows Badgers love Mashed Potato.

Once I had finished making the potato it got me thinking...the art of making Mashed Potato is very similar to the art of life. Let me explain. This, of course, will be the truncated version for the real philosophising will remain in my mind forever.

Mashed Potato

Take a potato, peel it, boil it, drain the water, squash it, add some butter, add some milk, squash it more. Optional: add salt, pepper, Tabasco - to suit your taste.

Life

Take a problem / challenge: peel back the issues (remove the crap), muse for a period of time (20 minutes will be enough), stop musing, kick it around for a bit, add some context, add some advice, ask "What would Wilf Badger do?". Optional: add whatever context you like - to suit yours and others taste.

So, I still have a potato, but now it's a much more appealing, palatable potato. Same with my problem.

If you disagree with this way of thinking it's probably because you're not a badger and you see things through a more simple lens.

Back to the potato - I shared some with Mrs Badger and she got very excited. She said it is the first time in ages I've made her some special Mashed Potato and tomorrow she has a special treat for me. Ooh, I'm excited now.

One of my friends, sadly no longer with us, Forrest Badger once said to me: Life is like a box of potatoes. He was then run over by a bus so I didn't really understand what he meant. If you know, please tell me.

That'll do for now, I can hear the security guard coming. Remember, lock up your vegetables and beware the badger.

No comments:

Post a Comment